Are your children struggling academically? Are you feeling stressed over your children’s school results? Are you looking for experienced and effective tutors to help your children do well in major examinations like the PSLE, GCE “O” and “A” levels? Look no further!
Our tuition centres are located in the Bukit Merah / Alexandra Road area. We provide a host of tuition programmes for Primary and Secondary School, as well as Junior College (JC) and Integrated Programme (IP). Our classes cater to students of varying abilities and needs and we are confident that you will be able to find one that suits your child.
We offer tuition in Mathematics, Science, English, Chinese and Higher Chinese.
The following are the tuition programmes we provide:
- Small group tuition with class sizes of 5 students or fewer.
- Group tuition with medium-size classes with up to 10 students.
- Group tuition with more than 10 students. These classes help to satisfy the high demand for the services of our tutor who has established a very strong and trusted reputation over the last 15 years. At the same time, the tuition fees for these classes are kept very affordable to help as many students as possible who require academic assistance.
- Special intensive programmes for academically weak students. These are the Primary School Help programme, Secondary School Consultation programme and Secondary School Science Workshop. These programmes were piloted two years ago and they have been found to help academically challenged students to achieve significant improvements in their examination results. Given the encouraging feedback from parents, they have become part of our full-fledged services. These classes are also beneficial to average performing students as they help to reinforce what they have learnt in school and ensure they perform well during examinations.
Please feel free to Contact Us to find out more about our programmes and class schedules.
Our Reputation. Your Trust
All our programmes are closely aligned with Singapore’s education system so as to provide the students with the necessary knowledge and thinking processes to do well in major examinations. These include the Primary School Leaving Examination (PSLE), Singapore General Certificate of Education Ordinary Level (O-level) and Advance Level (A-level) examinations. We also cater to students who are in the Integrated Programme (IP).
Parents who enrol their children with us can be 100% confident of the quality and effectiveness of our services. Being a brick and mortar business, upholding the reputation of the tuition centres and gaining the trust of parents are our absolute priorities. We have a vested interest to see your children succeed academically.
Tuition Agencies – The Risks
Unlike tuition agencies, we do not provide home tuition. We also do not provide matching services between tutors and students. We are a brick and mortar business that is fully committed to the academic success of your children.
Therefore, parents can be assured that we have your children’s interest at heart. All our tutors are university graduates, many of whom are either MOE or ex-MOE teachers. Given their vast experience in the education industry, they are well-informed and conversant with developments in Singapore’s education landscape. This is especially crucial in preparing students well for major national examinations. (Please refer to MOE Framework Outline below).
We pride ourselves as professional, committed and responsible educators. This will help you eliminate the risk of getting tutors of questionable commitment, especially from tuition agencies where many of them are part-timers. Unfortunately, the problem is quite prevalent in the industry due to the lack of a proper national regulatory framework. (Please see “Finding A Good Tution Centre“).
Parents should take note that tuition centres in Singapore are regulated under the Education Act and their tutors are required to be registered with MOE. In doing so, MOE will ensure that the academic qualifications of the tutors meet the minimum standards required to teach the proposed subjects. As for tuition agencies which only provide matching services between tutors and students, they are not regulated under the Education Act or the Private Education Act. Hence, the MOE has cautioned parents to exercise much greater discernment when engaging them.
Advantages of Group Tuition
Although every types of tuition have their advantages and disadvantages, group tuition provides students the opportunity to collaborate and learn from each other.
- More Interactive and Fun – Learning in a group allows close interaction between the students and makes learning more fun.
- More Affordable – It is usually more affordable compared to private 1-to-1 home tuition.
- Reinforced Understanding – Concepts can be reinforced and clarified when students work together and solve problems with the tutor in close attendance. The sharing and application of knowledge in a group will further strengthen their understanding of the subject matter.
- Better Motivation – Friendly competition among the students motivates them to work harder and improve themselves.
- Shared Experiences – Having a mix of students from different schools offer opportunities for sharing of different learning experiences and perspectives.
- Exposure to More Challenging Questions – Exposure to a variety of questions raised by students from different schools helps reinforced understanding of the subjects.
- Easier Scheduling – A tutor in tuition centre who teaches full-time has more flexibility in scheduling classes compared to a private home tutor who is either a student or a full-time employee who teaches part-time.
Disadvantages of Private 1-to-1 Home Tuition:
- Boredom – In one-to-one tuition, listlessness can often set in, causing the child to lose concentration.
- Costly – Usually more expensive compared to group tuition.
- Tutor-Dependent – Tendency of the child to get help from the tutor to complete school assignments
- Less Independent in Thinking – An over-reliance on tutors for custom-made answers, leading to the inability to think and learn independently
- Bad Time Management Habit – Study shows children with private tuition tends to pay less attention in school as they think they can always make-up with their private tutors
- Lack of Credential, Experience and Commitment – Most are Part-Time Tutors who may not have the credentials, ability or experience to teach effectively. Many of them are also unable to stay with the students as they progress through each level.
Please connect with us:
By Lance Kuan